Hi, I wanna share this simple home made recipe with you! I’ve never been too disciplined with my fruits and vegetables. If only bananas looked like our cute friends from Bananas in Pajamas, maybe it would have been a different story.
Lately, while having to prepare my own meals as I work on my writing at home, it got me started on thinking more about food and what I eat, making a conscious effot to pack each meal with nutritious ingredients, and in creative ways.
Well everyone loves a cheesecake, and oh we don’t particularly love the thought of going to the gym after the cheescake! (definitely not me) I saw some bananas lying around the house that day and decided to make my own dessert. Ok, clap clap, *rubs hands* here we go:
Ingredients: Bananas, Yogurt, Lemon Juice, Honey
I haven’t got the exact teaspoons and measures, because its easy to do a quick taste test on this one before you throw it in the freezer. Make it with love!!! So, here we go:
1. Mash the bananas in a bowl (est about 1 banana per person)
2. Add a few spoons of yogurt (I usually go for yogurt with lower sugar levels)
3. Stir the mixture till it is smooth
4. Add a little touch of citrus juice and honey and continue to stir the mixture. Do a final taste test of the mixture and adjust until you’re happy with it
5. Place some cereal in a bag and crush them to crumb like size, and sprinkle uniformly to fill the base of a freezer friendly container. (This forms your crust)
6. Pour the banana yogurt mixture into the container and smoothen it out.
7. Seal the container and place it in the freezer.
8. When ready to serve, turn out the cake onto a plate and woohoo there you go!
Very healthy ingredients, super happy, and a fruity frosty treat. BIG GRIN
Try it will ya? And let me know how it goes.